Here's an outline of my discussion:
- A Brief History of Aaron Hernandez : From Bristol, Connecticut to Bristol County (Massachusetts) Jail.
- The murder charges and associated evidence for the death of Odin Lloyd. Discussion will include analysis of:
· Roles played by the alleged accomplices, Carlos Ortiz and Ernest Wallace;
· Possibility of federal charges;
· Hernandez’s possible defenses, including those connected to drug use; and
· Hernandez reportedly being target of a Suffolk County (Boston) grand jury investigating the 2012 deaths of Safrio Furtado and Daniel Abreu.
- Can Hernandez Receive a Fair Trial? Lessons from People of the State of California v. Orenthal James Simpson and Samuel Sheppard v. E.L. Maxwell.
- Possible Wrongful Death Action against Hernandez and Possible Vicarious Liability for New England Patriots.
- Dispute between New England Patriots and Hernandez over money purportedly owed to him under his NFL contract.
- Duty of Fair Representation of National Football League Players’ Association to advocate for Hernandez.
- Expectations for how Hernandez saga will impact the ways in which NFL and college teams investigate and evaluate players.
Although seating is reserved for alums of the school, a limited number of seats will be made available to others. If you're interested in attending, please contact Matthew Solo at matthew.solo[at]law.unh.edu.
For more information about our law school's sports and entertainment law institute, click here.