This event is open to the public and free. To register, click here.
The Harvard Committee on Sports and Entertainment Law, in conjunction with Harvard's Journal of Sports and Entertainment Law and Harvard's Association for Law and Business, presents:
2013 HLS Sports Law Symposium:
The Evolution of the Fan
Thursday, March 28, 2013 at Harvard Law School, Milstein West in Wasserstein Hall
The 2013 Sports Symposium will focus on evolving consumer experiences in the sports marketplace. Panels composed of executives from teams, leagues, and sports media outlets as well as law partners with prominent sports practices will address the business and legal challenges faced by the industry in each of three media contexts: the Stadium Experience, the Television Experience, and the Internet Experience. Ken Hershman, President of HBO Sports, will present a keynote address on cutting edge efforts to meet the demands of the modern sports fan.
11:45am - 12:00pm
- CSEL Board
- Professor Peter Carfagna, Lecturer on Law, Harvard Law School
The Stadium Experience
- Marc Edelman: Associate Professor of Law, Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law; Fordham Univeristy (Moderator)
- Len Komoroski: CEO, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Jim Holzman: Founder & CEO, Ace Ticket Worldwide, Inc.*
- Jeff Miller: VP & Chief Security Officer, NFL
- Jon Oram: Partner, Proskauer Rose LLP - Sports Law Group
The Television Experience
- Michael McCann: Director of Sports and Entertainment Law Institute & Professor of Law, University of New Hampshire School of Law; Legal Analyst & Writer, Sports Illustrated & SI.com (Moderator)
- Ed Durso: EVP of Administration, ESPN
- Brett Goodman: Senior Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs for NBC Sports Group
- Tom Ward: Partner, WilmerHale
- Ed Weiss: GC, Fenway Sports Group; NESN
Keynote Address: Ken Hershman
Ken Hershman, President of HBO Sports, will present a keynote address on cutting edge efforts to meet the demands of the modern sports fan.
The Internet Experience
- Patrick Rishe: Director, Sportsimpacts; Associate Professor of Economics, George Herbert Walker School of Business, Webster University; Contributor, Forbes Magazine (Moderator)*
- Mary K. Braza: Partner, Foley & Lardner - Sports Industry Team
- Anthony D'Imperio: EVP, IMG
- Lauren Fisher: GC, Vox Media/SBNation
- Lucia McKelvey: EVP, Top Rank, Inc.
- Scott Doyne: VP, Turner/NBA Digital
Drinks, hors d'oeuvres, and dessert will be served
CSEL would like to thank Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP (www.milbank.com) for providing generous funding for this symposium.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org