- Research and compare. Use the web to shop. Ask for insurance quotes that include all options or riders so you know exactly what is available.
- Ask questions so that you know what you are getting. Agents or insurance organizations should be able to fully explain exactly what you are buying and why.
- Choose the type of insurance that fits you. Rates will depend on your age and health status.
- Consider life insurance for the whole family. Expenses that follow a death or serious illness or accident will add more stress to an already devastated family.
- Consider your life insurance as a fixed and non-negotiable expense in the same way you would your mortgage or car payment. It’s easy to consider life insurance as an 'investment' rather than a need.
|Choosing the right key. Credits: Tamahaji|